Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I wish I was a teddy bear!

I had the funniest moment today with my mom and 3-year-old cousin ashlyn. As I sat cleaning up the Barbie mess that Ashlyn and I had created from 6 ours of barbie hair brushing and dressing, I overheard this between my Mom and Ashlyn, who were in the kitchen making sugar cookies together:

Mom (thinking out loud): *sigh* "I wish I was happy"
Ashlyn: "I wish I was a teddy bear."

I laughed for hours. In fact, i'm still laughing. Oh how I love little kids! Ashlyn is the sweetest little thing in the world too. One day when I was babysitting her, we sat on the computer for hours looking at cupcake blogs. Ashlyn would tell me which one was mine, and which one was hers. Then out of the blue she turns to me and says, "I love you!" SO PRECIOUS! I love the innocence of children. They are so full of so much love, and they see past all your flaws. I wish I could be like that. It seems the older I get, the more flaws I see in myself and in others. There are few people with whom I worship the ground they walk on whose flaws I don't even notice, but I wish there were more people in my life I could do that with. I know I'm the only one that can make this happen too.


The main reason I decided to blog today is to vent a little bit. You know, throw a little pity party with ice cream cake and pin the tail on the donkey. Today as I was getting ready to leave for work, I got a phone call and when I saw it was payless I thought, "oh no... not again." And of course, it happened. I was late for the SECOND time this week. I can't even BEGIN to describe how embarassed I am. How did I let this happen? Not just once, but TWICE. This is the first time in recorded history that I have ever been over 5 minutes late for work. I don't even know what happened. Maybe it's because of my old age, i'm starting to forget things. But seriously, I don't even know how it happened.

I'm pretty sure that as a result my manager cut my hours. I only work 16 hours next week... and at minumum wage. That grass just don't pay the bills yo. I don't know what to do. You're all thinking, "just go find another part time job!" YOU go find another part time job. I've looked and looked blah. Yeah, I hate venting posts. I'm no good at these and I always sound complainy and they just end up putting me in a bad mood. Here's a good idea though: My boss said that I could try out this shared labor thing where I work at the other payless stores based on their need when i'm not working at mine. I'll try it out for a week and if it doesn't work out I might just have to resort to subway.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

I wish I was a teddy bear? That made me giggle. I'm going to have a smile on my face all day long.

Unknown said...

Today I told Ashlyn I loved her and she looked at me and told me that she loved me the mostest.