Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread dreams

Right now I am imagining myself making the most amazing gingerbread house in the entire world... with gingerbread shingles, christmas trees, shredded wheat rooftops, and such a plethora of candy that hansel and gretel won't be able to resist. Mike and Halla are coming over on Tuesday to make some gingerbread houses with me, but I don't want to wait! I think I will make a tiny one out of graham crackers like I used to in elementary school, except this one will be amazing. I think I only have one packet of crackers so i'm going to have to be really careful. I think I will make something like this:


I am so excited.

EDIT

Here it is!

Well just kidding, this isn't the final product exactly... I wanted to show my progress pics. I started off with a cardboard box that I taped together in the shape of a house, onto some more cardboard. Then I taped together some cones for some trees.


Next came the icing. I realized that this made the graham crackers kind of pointless, but oh wells. It just felt lame making a carboard house covered in frosting. I decided to make it yellow because I was using this little cottage as inspiration:

After I finished decorating, I realized that I had made a spring cottage, that has no christmas appeal at all.

So I decided to dress it up with two christmas trees.
My mom said it looked like a barbie gingerbread house, which made me feel better about it being yellow, pink and green. I loved the finished product, and we took it over to my mom's friend's and gave it to her as a christmas present.


yay for gingerbread houses!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

No Christmas appeal?! That's exactly the kind of cottage I wish I was at right now-it looks warm and cozy, not cold and icy. You are amazing-I'm envying your gingerbread house skills!

Michael said...

Wow... I feel embarassed even thinking about trying to make a gingerbread house ever again... Thats pretty amazing.