Thursday, November 20, 2008

Things i'm thankful for in friends

Last night at Ashley's birthday party, she went around and said something that she liked about everyone in the room. I've been thinking about that ever since, and the good qualities in a few of my closest friends that have always made me want to be a better person, and things that I think make our relationships strong:

Krystal Eddenfield Channel: If there could be a trait that I could say I love most about Krystal, it would be that she is one of the most loving and sweetest people I have ever met. Krystal is so kind to everyone, that she just glows. I've had a hard time liking everyone i've met, but Krystal is just so immediately unassuming about everyone, and just wants to be their friend. Because of Krystal, I have made friends who I never would have without her. She has one of those beautiful spirits that just glows with kindness, and I will always love her for it.

Jessica Smith: Seriously, what more could you ask for in a best friend? I love that I can talk with Jessica about anything, and not be scared about what she would think, because she knows who and what I am deep down to the core. Jessica is amazing. She will do anything for anyone. I have tried to emulate her spirit of giving and caring, but I don't think I could ever come close! She is also one of the most humble people I have ever met. She thinks she has no talents, but I look at her and wish I could do half of what she does. I think the trait Jessica worked on in the pre-existence was learning how to care and love for others, and I think that it the talent that Christ asks of us most.

Kristen Miles: My 2nd older sister is one of those people that I feel like I can talk about anything with as well. Kristen understands what i'm going through in life, because she has been there too. She is my guide and my shining star. I love her for her calmness and humility, and I appreciate that she never forgets about me. Kristen and Jessica have always reminded me of each other with their giving spirits as well. Kristen is so fast to jump to the occasion and help out when someone needs a helping hand. Her kindness has blessed the lives of many around her.

Krissa Jo: There are few people in this world that I believe have helped me to become more outgoing, but Krissa is definitely one of those people. When i'm around her I can get out of my shell and make friends. Krissa has also been the number one person to help me realize my dreams. Before I met her I felt like I was stumbling around in the dark with my life, afraid of the future, but she has shown me the light! I also appreciate how she makes people feel so good about themselves, and not out of jealousy or spite, but out of sincereness.

Cherie Kahmann: Cherie is one of those people that I think of and the first thought that always pops into my head is, "Wow, I love her. She is amazing!" Cherie has ALWAYS been the person whose example and advice I have looked to most in my life. If I ever have a problem, I just call Cherie and she has the immediate answer. She is also so beautiful and amazingly talented. I am also so grateful for her and Keith's kindness this last year in letting me stay with them in Massachusetts while I was doing my internship. Those were some of the happiest and hardest months of my life, and I would not take back the memories and the happiness for anything in the world.

My mom: There's not a though large enough that could hold all the things I love about my mother, but I will try. My mom is so giving. She always does those things that other people need most without any grumble. She loves her children more that anyone could ever dream of. All her thoughts and worries go towards her family, because of her genuine and sincere love for their welfare and their futures. I know also that listening to her advice has changed my life. She has made me realize things about my hopes and dreams that I had never realized for myself...such as how important it is for me to be a mom before caring about money. I have felt the spirit teach me that all the things that she tells me are true, and that if I listen to her guidance my future will be secure.

Tim Richards: One of the things I have always admired about tim is how much he loves people! If we were ever in a situation where somebody was saying something that wasn't very nice about someone, he would say, "gee! I love so and so. They're great" I love how positive Tim is, and how patient he is as well! I remember one time I was making him and his family late for conference, and they didn't even get mad or frustrated! They were so kind it made my heart melt.

Walt Gale: Walt has helped me to realize that the greatest thing you could ever ask for in a friend is someone who is like you, and someone who loves you as a person for who you are. Walt has also always been someone I have never been afraid of being around, because I know that he is so accepting of people for who they are.

Holly K!: Holly was one of those people in high school that helped me to want to become a better person, and do desire to do those things that would make me who I am today. She made me want to do better in school, and gain a stronger testimony. I have always appreciated how Holly has always known who and what she is, and no one could ever tell her differently. I love her strong spirit, and I am so happy for her and her little family!

Mike Ceccacci: Mike is that friend that I know will always care as much about our friendship as I ever will. Mike cares about his friends, and he sees the good in them. Mike has always known who he is as well, and what he wants out of life. I love talking to him about things, because he always talks about those he loves and how much he loves them. Mike has also been a strong part of building my testimony. In seminary I saw how much he knew about the gospel, and I could always feel his spirit so strongly. Sitting by him in church has always helped me to feel the spirit, because for some unexplained reason he has always helped me to pay attention better!

I could go on and on about everyone, but these are just some of the people that I look up to and who have changed my life a lot! I find it hard to lose friends as we grow apart, change and as our lives go in different directions. It breaks my heart to know I have lost the close bond of friendship with someone I have always loved so much, but I know that there will always be those memories that have lasted a lifetime. As I prepare for my mission, one of the things that I worry about the most is losing those friendships that are so important to me. One thing I do know, is that my family will always be there for me, and I don't think I could ask for a better family in all the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah thanks! I really appreciated those nice words. :) I love talking and being your friend.

Cherie said...

I somehow missed this entry until today! Thank you for saying those sweet things. I can't wait to see you!