Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting there in one piece

My sister Cherie told me today that airlines have started charging a $15 fee to check the first piece of baggage. This includes airlines such as US Airways, and United. Luckily, i'll be flying Delta to Europe, who along with Jet Blue will only charge the fee for the second checked bag. Southwest remains my favorite of all... it's free to check bags all the way up to the third bag! I am disappointed in the fact that Southwest has raised the prices of tickets up by at least $35 one way. I am still slightly in denial over the fact that rising gas prices are bringing up the prices for food, clothing, and my airline tickets. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the reason the American dollar looks like a peanut next to the elephant of the Euro. Right now, the conversion is:

1.00 EUR = 1.47 USD
or 1.00 USD = .69 EUR

I don't really get how the exchange rate is different, but I do know that i'll be losing 31 cents every time I buy something in Europe. I have to go to the bank here in a few days and get 100 Euros, meaning that i'll be giving about $150 for 100 Euros. Yes, this is lame.

Baggage Check News Article

No comments: